Monday, April 29, 2013

"The Creation of Beauty is Art"

Notice anything new????  I think my blog looks beautiful, don't you agree??? 

The title of this post, "The Creation of Beauty is Art" is a quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson.  My extremely talented and uniquely gifted daughter, Jessica, designed my new blog banner.  She has used her artistic abilities to create a beautiful gift for me. 

My sweet girl thought about me and my heart before designing the banner.  She combined my love of the ocean by using sea foam green and paired it with my favorite color, purple.  She chose the tagline, "let love shine in" to represent my love of God, family, friends, and my passion for living a healthy and happy life.  She discreetly incorporated the sun to represent my big love for a warm, sunny day spent at the beach.  And finally, she added the birds to symbolize the beCOREageous part of my journey, as they take flight and soar to new hopes, so will we! 

Jess, you are so dear to my heart.  Your sweet thoughtfulness and beautiful spirit are a treasure to our whole family.  Thank you, my girl!

Before I go, in keeping with the theme of beauty, here is a recipe for a BEAUTIFUL THING.......brownies!!!  Brownies have always been my favorite dessert.  When I was a teenager and friends would come to my house to visit on the weekends, my mom always made a pan of her homemade brownie treats.  I really think my friends came over just for the brownies!!  So, in addition to being yummy, brownies hold sentimental memories.  Here is a recipe I have made many times!

Beautiful Brownies
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/4 teaspoon aluminum free baking soda
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup almond butter
1/2 cup raw honey
1/4 cup grass fed butter, softened
2 free range eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 325 and grease an 8x8 pan.  Using a food processor, pulse the dry ingredients.  Add the remaining ingredients and process until combined.  (You can use a mixer.)  Spread in pan.  Bake 30 minutes. 
Until we meet again, Be Happy, Be Healthy, and BeCOREageous!

1 comment:

  1. I am so blown away by your kind words, mom! Thank you! I was more than happy to do this for ya!! It's fun for me!! Love you and thank you! Gotta try those brownies myself now! xo

    ReplyDelete